Time is TBD|
Multi-language Communication x Possibility - For PW Experiencers
Possible World is an online simulation experience that focuses on ideas, innovation, and co-creation related to the "mindset" we have. In this session, we will explore our mindsets around language and communication.
Time & Location
Time is TBD
About the event
This session is for those who know the game rules. It will be a short 2 hour session with no detailed rules explanation.
We would like to ask for a little help from you to make this session happen.
Here are our challenges:
- Multi-language: To appreciate the diversity of our languages/cultures, we would like to have participants speaking at least 3 different languages, possibly more.
- Time zones: We expect people joining the session from all around the world meaning different time zones. If we have enough interest, then we could have multiple sessions for everyone to join at a civilised time.
- Team play: This session is a multilingual team-play session. Please apply with 1 to 2 friend(s) who have the same mother tongue to form a team with you. Session facilitation and negotiations with other teams during gameplay will be conducted in English.
As soon as we have enough interest, then we will start scheduling the session dates with people who did RSVP. Once we have at least 3 teams per session then the sessions will be confirmed and posted on our website. You will also receive a discount coupon to register for the session. So please help us make this session happen by RSVP to this.
What is the Possible World Multi-Language Discovery Session?
This session will be done with multiple languages.
We live in a global world, and we will consider the possibility of "living in a multilingual age" that arises when we see the language barrier and quietly confront our own ways of communicating and thinking.
What kind of world will be created when the safety and security of communicating in one's native language is mixed with the adventurous spirit of communicating with multilingual speakers in English and the maximum use of technology that we enjoy?
The reflections will be done using Google Sheets, each writing insights in their native language and taking the time to savor the feelings and opinions of the other players, which are automatically translated.
What is the Possible World Multi-Language Session experience?
In the course of this experience, players will recognize their current mindset and the possibilities it brings, then deepen their insights through various questions and share them through dialogue to explore possible mindsets and possibilities beyond that.
This session will bring awareness to your own mindset, especially with regard to language differences and how you interact with technology.
There aren't many rules set for the simulation experience.
"How to play".
This is the one question posed to each of us.
The Possible World is a simulation of how the "real world works" around you and yourself. Here, participants experience the process of recognizing, shifting, and fostering their mindset, and become aware of the possibilities they encounter at each stage.
Where can we apply the Possible World experience?
While the default theme is "Shifting and Fostering Mindsets and Exploring Possibilities," the entire workshop can be designed around a specific theme (sustainability, leadership, team building, etc.) to suit individual and organizational objectives. (Possible World - full session, duration of about 4 hours or more).
Who runs the Possible World?
P-Lab provides the sessions. The hosts of this session is Aya Matsuyaama, and maybe with a mystery co-host.
We hope you will join us for a session and experience new encounters in many ways and share them with us.
Our standard discovery sessions are 2.5 hours long, including introduction, instruction, playtime, reflections, and breaks.
- "It gave me a chance to see new possibilities of change in the world, starting from myself. It was simultaneously fun and profound!" (Mariko Sakakibara, Workshop & Graphic designer)
- "It was a really great experience to communicate with students all around the world. And I think I learnt a really important lesson from this workshop regarding our life on earth." (Tserensambuu Mandukhai, Student)
- "It was fun in the group, good moderation and great insights, experiencing the power of networking and knowing how to exchange for sustainability impact!" (Daniel Obst, Sustainability Consultant)
If you want to know more about the voices of those who have experienced here.
Come and join us to experience this journey!
- Location: Online (ZOOM)
- Duration: 2 hours
- Language: Japanese
- Content: Introduction, instruction, playtime, reflections, and breaks.
- Participation fee: P-Lab Foundation special price 3,300 yen in pairs, other discounts available (tax included, standard price 8,800 yen)
- Minimum number of participants: 6 (Maximum 15) The minimum number of participants required for this event to run effectively is 6. If less than 6 people register, the event will be canceled and you will be notified 48 hours in advance. Please invite your friends to join us.
1. Hardware Requirements
- Computers for the game. Tablets or mobile phones may NOT be used for the game but may be used for Zoom communication as a second device.
- Chrome browsers - only, please.
- Reasonably fast and stable network connection for gameplay and communication.
- Headset for communication
- A version of Zoom: 5.3.0 or later.
2. Familiarities/Skill Requirements
- Zoom: How to Rename, Mute, Text chat, View change, Move in/out of breakout rooms
- Web Browser: How to adjust the screen size using zoom in/out